Monday 2 December 2013

Publication Plan

Publication Plan
Title: BackBeat
Positioning Statement:  Rockin’ the Beat
Frequency of publication: Monthly
Price: £2.50
Distribution:  Newsagents, supermarkets, airports and online subscriptions
Rationale:  The magazine is from the perspective of the fans and will contain interviews that will ask the artist/band questions that we think fans would ask. The magazine has monthly updates on the latest information in rock.
Style:  Informal/chatty to attract buyers. I will use contractions such as ‘don’t ‘instead of ‘do not’. My magazine will contain stereotypical colours of rock, e.g black, white and red, and also bold fonts. The magazine gives the reader the most up to date rock information every month.
Regular Content
·         Upcoming artists
·         Behind the scene
·         Concert dates
·         Latest Gossip
·         Rock Fashion
·         Free posters
·         Editors letter
·         Letters from fans
·         Puzzles
·         A monthly column
Featured Content
·         Article about the artist Jed
·         Newest guitars from Gibson
·         Poster of Avenge Seven Fold
·         Paramore’s make over
·         New albums released in 2014
·         The day I met Marilyn Manson
·         Aerosmith
House Style
Coverlines:  Bell Gothic Std Black
Headlines: ARIAL BLACK (BOLD)
Standfirst: Arial black
Captions: Calibri (body) italic
Features first paragraph: Bell Gothic Std Black
Body text:  Calibri

Colour scheme: Red, Black and White.



In this lesson I produced this Planning Production. This will help me with the planning of my magazine as I chose coverlines that will be placed on my Front cover on my magazine, and also the coverlines which will be in my contents page. I then chose what font I will have for each part of my magazine e.g for the masthead and the font for the double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment